PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Pilots Need to Stop Crying!
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 18:55
druckmefunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear EK Dantos

I admire your enthusiasm, I would say most of us here in the desert were once like you.

It would appear you are afflicted with the two of the more common blights of youth. Eternal Optimism, and total confidence that you know more than those who beat the path before you.

What you can't even hope to understand from your position at the bottom of the greasy pole, is that it is because of the neverending supply of people like you, who are prepared to sell their soul to strap on a nice shiny jet, that we end up with a bunch of dissapointed and dissolusioned guys at the top of the greasy pole. (I am using a lot of poetic licence in suggesting that EK is at the top!!!!!!)

I hope you make it in your chosen profession.

I would be keen to talk to you in 25 years when you have been in the Desert for 15 years, your wife and kids are living in a different country to you, you are continually pissed off because of the lack of sleep due to the night flying, your bank balance is significantly less than your school mate who became a plumber, bought five houses and is now retired living in BC.

I would be prepared to make a small wager that in your more reflective moments you might think back to your days of exuberent youth and think " I now understand what those guys were trying to tell me!"

Aviation is very much about learning from the mistakes of those who went before you. As has alway been the case, the old and bold live to pass on their experience to the next generation of torch bearers, so that you do not have to make the same mistakes they made.

It would appear their time and effort will be wasted on someone as clever as you.

dmf

Last edited by druckmefunk; 6th May 2004 at 08:23.