PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Pilots Need to Stop Crying!
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 12:47
EK_Dantos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middle East Pilots Need to Stop Crying!

Hello there, I understand currently there is alot going through the industry and alot of problems. But seriously, if you are flying the middle east for a good company, you have it set. So oh my goodness you have to fly more hours, or you're not making the 250,000+ salary!!! Thats ridiculous and another reason why my generation of pilots are quickly going to take over the oldies still flying in the cockpits with a giant chip on the shoulder. I see the young generation as willing, bright and technology literate. We don't care how much we get paid and have no expectations for a 100,000+ salary!

The generation now in the cockpits is all about $$$ and how to complain. Guess what, you picked a career thats in an unstable industry and I know I don't have to tell you that but it seems you have forgotten. If Emirates or Gulf Air or Qatar gave me a job right now, I doubt because I am not even close with the hours... guess what my bags are packed and I am at the airport in 15 minutes!

Remember why it is your flying and try to enjoy it instead of making it political and ruining it for the younger generation... because if you don't you will be crying, pissing and moaning unemployed when I have your job!

Happy Landings!