PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq - is there ANY hope?!?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 07:38
Vortex what...ouch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey SS slow down. Now, go back and re-read what I actually said not what you thought I said. So for those not listening first time this is what I actually said
“If none were sent this time to the gulf with the QLR”.
They were not 14 Sigs but the QLR and the mirror published the following comment from the the soldier concerned “Soldier A told the Mirror: "It was a four ton truck, I'm not sure what make. We always used that sort of truck when we were on raids as did other units."” Bollox, what soldier does not know what trucks are used by their regiment? As I said the QLR were not using the old bedfords.

Go here for some more detailed explanations of what is wrong. It simply does not add up, too many small, but vital inconsistancies. You moon comment is not valid. The mirror are giving gash responses to valid questions about the pictures. I agree it probably is a posed shot gone wrong to an extent. But I have no doubt the QLR were not beating up Iraqis last year as has been alledged. Those that want to believe these are real will anyway. But lets be honest the tabloids are hardly paragons of truth and justice. We all wail how full of sh1te they are when they write about aviation subjects, why should this story be any more true?

Oh yeah and here is a snap of me on guard duty