PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin and BMI
Thread: Virgin and BMI
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2004, 00:23
flymeagain

Well Digitalis, BMI Longhaul opp for the caribbean has landed two large contracts. One with P & O, and the other with Virgin Holidays. Also the loads (especially in the premium cabins are doing extremely well. For example on the 22nd of Dec "The Business" cabin is already full with 6 on waitlist!! Not bad considering they only announced the route over a month ago!! Heard that they are getting ready to announce Delhi and Mumbai, and they are looking at MAN-JNB-CPT, which would be full all the time if done in co-op with new Star Alliance member SAA, I'm sure if given a choise between AV8 air or BMI, I know who I'd choose. I flew BMI from Man to ORD on my way to LAX few years ago in "C". Have to say it was one of the best business classes Ive flown in, put Virgin BA, AA, DL, EK, TG all to shame (all of whom I fly with on a regular basis). Being a travel journalist for the past 6 years, its nice to see an airline growing on its reputation for service. That's why I (sorry, we) gave it five stars in a survey last year for a top travel magazine!!