PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUO ceased trading
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 20:53
Flightmapping

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions

Does anyone know:

If refunds are available for payments by credit card, I assume debit card payments get nothing. Makes you think twice before "saving" £4 on the booking fee, but I'd say the chances of airline failure don't justify paying the extra (except for one or two airlines I'd probably be in trouble for mentioning).

What if you pay by American Express? Does that count as a credit card? What about small businesses paying using company charge cards? Presumably, they aren't covered by the consumer credit act?

How many travel insurance policies cover the value of the ticket, let alone the consequential losses, which could be quite considerable?

Also, I'm not sure how much the established scheduled players (LH etc) would want to open up new routes to the UK. Yes, EZ for EMA > SXF must be a high probability, but do SAS have the resources to open up new routes to Scandinavia? I can see Flybe being an obvious replacement on some routes, but I imagine they'd be much more interested in LYS & GVA , which must have good year round markets? I don't see 'Lite wanting to add any of these routes - except NCE, but that's already well covered from CVT & NEMA.