PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry, can't think of a meaningful title for this one
Old 3rd May 2004, 10:08
Ausatco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-liam,

A question if I may ... all my logons, passwords, personal details, credit card numbers, etc are now entered when necessary by software (Roboform). It keeps a record for, and knows each site you want it to remember and offers the info when appropriate. It's all point and click with the mouse, most times one click to log on to a site - no keystrokes. Similarly, one click to fill in on-line bill-paying data such as account number, credit card number, expiry date etc, no keystrokes.

Can a keylogger see any of that? I'm thinking "no", but I'd like to be reassured.

Thanks

AA

PS
For those curious about Roboform, all personal data for each recorded site is encrypted and stored locally within Roboform. All sensitive data may be further protected, at user option, with a master password. Without the master password, if someone stole your lappy, for example, they could log on to, say, your internet banking account because the logon name and password is automatically supplied when your banking page comes up. Activate the master password function and that won't happen because the logon info is not supplied until the master password is entered. I like it.

Last edited by Ausatco; 3rd May 2004 at 10:26.