PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The US Trip!
Thread: The US Trip!
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 09:31
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wot - no mention of the sticky tape holding down the oil inspection hatch Keef

Yes - got back in the early hours of Sunday to a Cat III approach at Heathrow. Had a great time, made some good new friends and am looking forward to going and doing a lot more flying out there.

The only problem is the photos - Having brutally got rid of lots I've still got 230 to choose from over the entire holiday!. Putting the web page together isn't going to be easy (though thankfully 'Eric' has his own page). There are a couple here though.

Memories for me. No.1 has to be Harris Ranch. 2800ft runway in the middle of nowhere, next to a great restaurant. Self service fuel and lit Concentrated the mind somewhat for my first night departure in a long time. The Seneca coped beautifully however. Then 8000ft cruise under a wonderful starry sky to a real ILS at Oakland (400ft cloudbase).

Others have to be IFR to San Bernadino, again at night. ILS (for fun) onto a lit, 10000ft, unmanned runway. Then going back to Long Beach and having to do it all again for real as the coastal fog moved in with low cloud and a crosswind. - the needles never left the donut all the way to minima.

I love California