PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 2nd May 2004, 16:10
Autorot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, ok, no big deal, it doesnīt matter who supports this flight or not, its happening, just. This is the latest stupidity iīve managed to come up with.

This morning, having jump started the Eagle due to my leaving a circuit breaker in for two days, I īspikedī the radio and now it has to be repaired. The local German Engineers are looking at that for me but iīve just lost what looks like the one weather window I had to get through the Apls for about five days. Gutted!

The more I am delayed the closer I bring myself to the Monsoon season futher along the route. Again, Gutted.

Anyway, an extract from my book (sil) will be posted on the web shortly that tells exactly what happend today. havenīt mentioned the book before because it is nothing to do with the charity side of the project and I donīt want to mix the two. The plan was for the book to try and recover the money iīve put into this project, but who knows. Iīm 70,000 words into it and so far its been about the planning and setting up of the Expedī- obviously. The other reason for not letting on about it is because of my Dyslexia. Iīm not sure I can write a book thats good enough to sell, look at my spelling!! Anyway, iīm giving it a go and if it sells, great, if not its a record of what happend, for me when iīm old - er.

Iīll try to get on this thread when I can but I donīt know when that will be. All the best and play nice.

Barry.