PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luxor Air banned from flying in the Netherlands
Old 2nd May 2004, 16:08
albatross2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of these inspections by regulatory authorities interfere with cockpit preparations/procedures. There have been occasions that some Inspector comes on board and begins pestering the crew with questions about maintenance logs, ship certificates, equipment checks ( that are not part of cockpit preparation) etc. And all this is going on while the crew at a changeover station is busy preparing for flight/departure, is busy with FMS, briefings. Are the authorities not concerned that they in their zeal to monitor and or advance flight safety are actually taxing the crew that should be best left alone to perform their primary functions in an orderly and safe manner.

I don't mean to say that inspections should not be carried out, but if I ever have to put up with the arrogance of the Inspectors, I will just hold the boarding etc. and once all the queries are dealt with would then commence my cockpit preparations and boarding. If in the bargain the departure gets delayed or a slot missed then so be it. Pass the delay, inconvenience to paxs and financial impact, on to these inspectors. Just hope the 'more loyal than the king' DFO doesn't bug me on return to base.