PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do you want from economy plus?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2004, 13:45
jerrystinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you define a 'reasonable' request? What you may want in Economy Plus isn't necessarily what Mr Bloggs over there wants and so where do you draw the line? If you start giving economy plus passengers everything, why travel Club? BA has seen a steady decrease in First passengers because its Club World product is enough to satisfy most top executives...the flat bed in essence!

I do sincerely believe that Economy Plus passengers like to think they are in Business class....I recently travelled WTP with BA to Tokyo and the guy sitting next to me wasn't content with the free newspaper offered and demanded a selection from the crew, who politely reminded the passenger what WTP were and were not entiltled to. He also whinged about not being able to have champagne on tap as in Club World and that he shouldn't have to eat at the crew's convenient times! It made for a long 12 hrs and it's not the first time I've experienced it. I think airlines that offer an economy 'plus' product should maybe produce a leaflet to remind the passengers that they have basically paid for a wider seat and extra leg room.....and that's it. You are not business or first class. Wannabes.