PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Virgin incident - what are the facts?
Old 1st May 2004, 21:38
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dick,

This is the procedure used throughout the world in Class E airspace. It is almost identical to the “safety alert” listed in the pilot/controller glossary of the FAA approved Airman’s Information Manual (AIM).
I do believe we live in AUSTRALIA and that we use the AIP (Aeronautical Information Publication)!

I believe there are thousands of small aviation businesses that could be assisted by having an efficient airspace system.
Granted, on the surface this statement is true, but the majority of Australian small aviation businesses do not use class E airspace and this is where the problem lies. No one is saying we should'nt have a more efficient system, we are trying to make class E airspace safe!!

Lets face it most small aviation businesses in Australia are either charter or training businesses. Most charter is done in piston powered aircraft in northern/western remote areas in class G airspace. Most training even around capital cities, is done once again in piston powered aircraft in classes C,D and G.

Why do we need an effectively uncontrolled airspace overlying controlled airspace? I cant see who it benefits, well yes I can but that would be getting personal.

Cheers, HH.

Dick: you got it wrong!

NB: According to the Penguin english dictionary: Fact n 1 an actual event or occurence. 2 a piece of information. 3 in law an actual or alleged event or state as distinguished from its legal effect.

Last edited by Howard Hughes; 1st May 2004 at 22:11.