PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class E Airspace Is Safe
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2004, 21:29
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late reply- I've been away......

Still no-one has answered my point about US radar sectors being smaller scale than oz radar sectors, thereby enabling 'separation' between IFR and VFR of 'the paints don't overlap'. What do you do in oz when a paint is about 4 NM wide on the screen? Green-between might equal 6NM lateral!!!!!

NoTimTams.
As you have read, the VoR have clarified their position on "CLASS E IS SAFE". It's a QUALIFIED statement. Look it up. No need to apologise.....

Someone else said that US controllers wear 3 hats too...... NOT AT THE SAME TIME. They are gobsmacked when you describe this to them.

Leyland brothers.
I'll pose a question to you.

There are 2 aircraft
One that wants to miss by an accepted industry standard (5NM), and one that just wants to miss (too ignorant to understand the concepts involved).
Q. Should both aircraft bear the responsibility of missing, or should it be born by the people who don't have the political clout to scare the Transport Minister?
A. The Transport minster might have to begin to worry about the number of people beginning to get the message. Hence, one day soon, BOTH aircraft may have to participate again.
or
Q. Wealthy gent, flying privately, couldn't give a toss about social responsibility because he believes he can use visual separation in any situation (including unalerted see-and-avoid of jet traffic) as he doesn't like asking for permission. Should the public (in the back of the jet) be forced to endure this increased risk, even though they have paid the govt fees and charges, paid the various taxes (fuel, air nav, etc), airline costs (avoiding actions, off-profile descents, TCAS fitments) paid paid paid paid, in order that the wealthy gent doesn't have to get a clearance?
A. No

It's definately not rocket science.