PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2004, 14:50
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to all those crew on the short list. I hope that the long wait works out for all concerned.

Whilst I cant verify the truth to the rumour it seems that GD has said very recently that QF "intend" employing Australian nationals, based in London as a way to cut it's international ops costs.

The long haul FAAA have stated that they will do all in their power to resist any change to the status quo [negotiated aggreement] re overseas bases and have unanimous support from the membership.

The last communication from the FAAA indicates that they expect and are awaiting an announcement from QF re these issues.

It seems that the future employment prospects for long haul CC will be determined by this announcement.

If QF decide to breach the aggreement that they have with the FAAA re overseas bases and open more or substantially lift the numbers in the existing ones they may well find that the chaos caused by the last stop work meeting was just a walk in the park.

L2P

BTW, starting salary for a BA FA I understand is around 9000 GBP and analysts have been predicting a 1 billion AUD profit this year for QF.