PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st May 2004, 11:44
Autorot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´m sitting in Friedrichshafen in stunning Wx but the Alps is pants! This is the first time i´ve read this thread, umm, whatever, quite funny the views people have, harsh but fair I suppose.

Brian Milton (flew round the globe in a Weightshift in 1998) tried to tell me how hard this flight would be and I thought I knew it, but i´m surprised already at how hard it is. The Wx is the biggest problem now, i´m keen to get past Hong Kong so that I can slow the pace down but the Met isn´t even letting me gat a pace started. I´m told the tracker is working well though.

If I do screew this up i´ll be gutted. Not for any crap reason like i´m a crap pilot etc etc but because there are alot of people involved in this now, most of them for good reasons and for some its a bit of a dream to watch an event like this unfold. One of my son´s classes (Dyslexic Class) are keeping a very close eye on me - thankfully not on this site - and i´d feel like i´d really let him down. The old CO of 9 egt has been my strongest friend in this whole project and has stood up for me on many an occasion, so i´d feel bad about that and of course for the team. Right now though, its just a case of waiting for the met to clear up then i´m off to Italy.

Barry.