PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airline base in Kuwait
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2004, 09:10
Skunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been working on general aviation jets VIP and on RJ (up to dec....) and on Flightline in 1998, so i can imagine different poits of view. I was wondering about general conditions (duty, salary, allocation etc) and also about security/emergencies (abnormal procedures, maintanance,checks etc). As long it is a British Airline enterprise, I think documents and organisation should be quite good but have been flying for 4 years on private's aircrafts let me doubtful....I don't want to see "air pirates" anymore
that's way I posted this topic in flightdeck rumors....any pilot contacted knows something about conditions (maximum hours of flight/duty, situation of maintenance of aicrafts, opportunities for them to have good training a/o training in general). I heard a pilot's salary should be around 3500 USD plus 50 USD per flight (or duty, I'm not sure) so senior cabin crew's salary should be quite low, this to compare with other airlines.
All cabin crew informations are as well welcome to know what we have been proposed. I will ask more around also outside Pprune to gather infos from people who, eventually had similar experiences in the past. It sounds interesting anyway even if I know what they mean with flexibility...yes not only helpful....

Contacted anyway BA management to proceed, they have 3 months to select and form cabin crew, what about selection and trainigs of pilots and technicians?
I ask myself (and to you all) all these questions to see the level they are looking for, to be at least quite sure about certain basic criteria to be applied in a serious Company operating non-scheduled flights.....the fact is that a lot of private passengers don't really care about weather, airport and aircrafts conditios, they only want to arrive at destinations, often not knowing what must be considered to operate safely flights.

Well for us SCC contacted, let's try to answer and see step by step the evolving situatin and the way they judge people suitable for their Company - hope remaining in minimum JAR-OPS limitations-

As soon as I know something more I'll keep you informed ( I'm too old 34yrs of wich 14 flying to start again if the base of the Company is not really legal or whatsoever).

Ops should start anyway on Aug the 1st 2004.
keep in touch and good luck to everyone!!!!!

Skunkie