PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident rate prompts CASA to target pilot training
Old 1st May 2004, 07:33
tealady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA Seminars -second night

Second nights discussion on Fatigue by Dr. David Newman. David is a very astute, humourous and articulate presenter, but the message was basically drink lots of coffee and get lots of sleep. I was looking for more direction on how to get the message across to staff and students alike that fatigue is a life threatening disease and didn't get it. Perhaps we need a very in depth presentation that I am sure David could come up with over a at least a full afternoon. Mike Smith -weeeell, I find his condescending attitude annoying - of course the airspace he is advocating will be fine if every pilot has a swivel head and 360 degrees of visibility from ones aircraft and all pilots are so knowledgeable and precise with their airmanship that they don't need a radio and that none of them will always keep their old radios going so that in case of an emergency they can be used. His presentation ( or should I say style of presentation) doesn't really allow either the time (or is it the inclination?) to give proper consideration and appreciation of questions raised. Go to the seminars if you can and make your own assessment, then let your pollies know if you think they are a waste of time.