PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers v Loadies (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2004, 14:36
QE4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E5

Homeward bound out of Vancouver with Albert bulging at the seams. After some time airborne a major rant starts on the flight deck.
I'm not a Loadie or muppet, but as I have enjoyed this thread soo much, thought I might just add a little.
Carrying a preflight at a secret airbase in Wilts. Loadie says "think we are going to be late off chocks, this LOX container is full and I can't believe it only weighs 5000 lbs." Much arguing with muppets leads to arrival of muppet leader. Muppet leader also argues. Captain arrives, "I'm not going anywhere unless the loadie is happy so get this thing check weighed." Very angry movers finally weigh said container. Very sheepish muppets come back with 11,000 lbs LOX container (what ever could have happened), and reload it.
Loadie now has to point out that LOX container is too high and heavy for side guidance. However, wanting to get the job done he ties it down and everyone is happy.

Muppet leader realises that this could look bad for him. 5 days late on return from task, Loadie finds STANEVAL waiting to E cat him on the word of muppet leader, due to unusual tie down scheme. After ac Captain explains, STANEVAL direct their attention on muppets.

Everyone makes mistakes, but this experiance left a sour taste, and unfortunatly highlights a fundemental differance in work ethos.

On another note if your happy being a mover good for you. If you want to be a loadie, do the training (if you havent failed selection or training already). If you have just got a chip on your shoulder keep posting cos its good for a laugh, and from the posts I'm sure you muppets think your going to change the system. I don't what to spoil the fun but I'm suprised you clever muppets havent realised the wind up, you argue as if the Loadies want your job. However, I dont know any Loadies who want to be movers.

You aint seen me right.