PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair seatback instructions
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2004, 13:50
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Ryanair have had the instructions on the seatbacks for a long time now, not really connected with the non-recline seats. Saves having to check all the seat pockets on each short turnaround.

But then I seem to recall (haven't checked again since this got in the news) that although the FR seats always had all the standard recline mechanism they had been so restricted (need to be on 28" pitch) that you really didn't get any benefit from pushing them back at all. So it seems FR are just rationalising the situation and buying (presumably) cheaper and simpler seats.

If instructions have peeled off, does that mean the seat they were for has to be unoccupied. Are the pax safety instructions an MEL item ?

Like Hobie, I like the instructions in view all through the flight, gives a greater chance of them being read. Whenever I see an obviously experienced flyer take the card out and check behind for exits as they take their seat next to me, I always ask them if they are aircrew. And quite often they are.