PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry, can't think of a meaningful title for this one
Old 30th Apr 2004, 13:38
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hmmm, methinks this Mywebsearch is a nasty little piece of goods.

I run a nice little program call RegCleaner which till now has always had no trouble removing the remnants of no longer wanted programs that Add/Remove Programs leaves behind. I used it to clean out all remaining parts of Mywebsearch, rebooted, and bugga me if Mywebsearch toolbar still didn’t appear. Hmmm. Ran msconfig to look for startup files, sure enough, there is Mywebsearch; disabled it from startup files, rebooted and bugga me if the toolbar still didn’t reappear.

Hmmm. Check startup again, Mywebsearch is disabled, but toolbar still appears. Let’s try Add/Remove Programs.. sure enough, there is Mywebsearch with two files. Attempt to disable both. Nothing happens for five minutes! I wait. Eventually a page comes up assuring that Mywebsearch is the best thing ever to happen to the internet, it contains ABSOLUTELY NO SPYWARE OR ADWARE. It features PopSwatter and SmileyCentral amongst other indispensable things. Are you really sure you want to uninstall this magnificent program? Uninstall now. Or NO I DON'T WANT TO UNINSTALL I click on Uninstall now you bastards. And nothing happens! My computer goes dead! I wait and wait, and eventually concede defeat and reboot, and guess what toolbar smilingly greets me?

In the meantime I continue to compose in Word. The original problem has become secondary to getting rid of these Mywebsearch assholes.

All opinions welcome.