PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do you want from economy plus?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2004, 22:24
atco-matic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, there's always one who takes exception to the fact that some people can afford to pay a bit more for their ticket than everybody else. I don't ''get off'' on anywhere, anything or anyone, but I do expect to receive a service comensurate with the price of ticket I have paid.

I don't care about your BO, ''mini'', but I hate standing in a queue for an hour with 300 other people. I don't really think it's unreasonable, if I'm paying £1200 to go to New York and you've only paid £189, to expect that I shouldn't have to wait so long for my boarding pass. After all, it's only the same thing that happens when you buy a club or first ticket, and I don't see you complaining about the attitude of those people.

The comment about the curtain was made because it irritates me, when I'm trying to sleep on a night flight, and some divot who shouldn't even be in the cabin is incapable of going through the gap in the curtain and insists on unfastening it and leaving it open so all the light floods in from the galley, then bumps into me or grabs the back of my seat as they stagger back to their own. After all, you aren't allowed in the club cabin if you haven't paid for it, so why should you be allowed in the premium economy cabin?

No lounge at any airport is necessary, but neither are back seat tv, extra legroom. hot food, alcoholic drinks, free newspapers, amenity kits, drinks before take off, hot towels...come to think of it neither is premium economy, business, or first!!!! They all, however, make the experience more enjoyable - especially if it means you can get away from people like 'mini' and his copy of The Sun...

By the way, to return to the topic (which was what we want in premium economy, not what other people think of what we want in premium economy) BA's world traveller plus seat is not very comfortable - did I mention that? And the last time I flew in World Traveller plus, we didn't get a free newspaper.