PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Speed Restrictions FAJS
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2004, 07:59
orgasmotron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makeapullup - I am sure that the bad wx does influence delays and traffic fllow. Why then, for the past 10 years, when LVP's in force, there are delays. Or maybe I have just been flying on delay day for the past 10 years. Also, when thunderstorm season, we have to request diversions from clearances to avaiod hazardous wx. The fact that our wx radar penetrates wx, does not mean we follow. Surely the further we fly around wx at speed X, the longer we will occupy your airspace ?

About 3-4 weeks ago, say-again airlines crew enquired on RT why delays when LVP's in force and the reply from ground was "We have to ensure the landing of an aircraft on the Right before we can let the one go on the Left" Now if that does not cause delays in bad wx, I give up. If this was not the correct reason, please enlighten us all.

Goldfish Jack - Right again. High speed descent will maybe save 2 min, with the associated fuel penalty. Higher cruise speed the same. A visual might save 5 min if it is a good one.

One question ? Do the JHB guys get paid more if they handle more traffic ? Or do thay handle more traffice cause they get paid more ?