PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel - An Easy Inland Revenue Target? A new conspiracy theory!
Old 28th Apr 2004, 20:49
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very good friend of mine has recently received a bill (£1000+) for apparent shortfalls in his Income Tax over recent years. He is a sqn ldr who has been PAYE in the normal manner, but it would appear that the RAF Pay people have screwed up. I don't know what the current position is, but their initial response was that, whilst it might have been their fault, it was not their problem , as Income Tax is an individual responsibility.

For myself. I have recently received my first ever tax form (FY02-03), very late, after 15 years in the Service. When I queried the reason for it, they couldn't tell me why I'd suddenly been targetted. I have just received one for FY03/04. Can't wait for my P60!

Assuming I am not the only one receiving these things, has anyone in the Services tried to get a rebate on the basis of time worked outside the country? Notwithstanding the existing rules, I wonder how far one might get with an appeal? Personally, I would not have benefitted to date, but I feel really strongly that singlies in particular are spending long periods away, and getting nothing at all for their money! Unlike the Yanks!!