PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money Money Money!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2004, 10:50
wingbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money Money Money!

Dear all,

I am writing to request some advice on securing a loan to pay for the remaining part of my training, CPL,IR,MCC.
I have already self funded hours building and fATPL.
Having approached my bank manager this morning and being practically laughed at with the prosepect of becoming a Pilot I feel somewhat against a brick wall.
It seems if I was a going to be a highly 'professional' doctor or lawyer they would have their own scheme for those jobs to help me in any way they could!
Having presently no income and living with my parents (who are more than capable of being guarantors) they said that I would still have to show evidence of earning my self. The problem is I cant really work and do a CPL/ IR and my earnings aren't going to be substantial enough in a part time job to support a loan of that size.
Obviously once my training is complete and if there are no flying jobs I will look for something full time and start the loan repayments ASAP.
If anyone has had any luck with loans, or ways to borrow money to fund this please could you respond it would be hugely appreciated. I just feel stuck!

Kind regards

Wing bar