PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Speed Restrictions FAJS
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2004, 10:17
Goldfish Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actuator re your high speed turn offs - ask ACSA we have given up asking them!! Last rumour was that the 3000 millenium celebrations have to take place first!! Oh and they don't know what aircraft are - they are more interested in making money in the car park and the shopping arcades!! You have got a big stick - PM me and I will tell you how it works!!!!!!!!

126,7 - you hit the nail on the head - "when ready descend to...." I have learnt when it gets busy (if you can call it that) you TELL the aircraft when to descend and that solves most of the problems straight away!! The 8 miles is not cast in stone but that is what we need otherwise everyone will be going around because of the useless taxiways!!! The flow management tool is coming - it is in our sims already and we are trying it out.

Orgasmotron - agree with you about the delays and why we have to fly high speeds. Excuse my ignorance but if you are late and you fly high speed you might make up a minute or two - will that make a difference when you are 60 mins late??????? Never mind what the STAR says about cancellation of speeds. The best part about it is that if they fly high speeds, they turn downwind so fast that they go forever on downwind. Why not just fly slow and you can turn downwind and turn base at 2 - 3 DME and save a lot of time (logic - apparantly not)

Thanks for the Compliment - glad to help - hope it cleared up the air a bit. Agree with your point about sequencing. Same as " fly such and such a heading for continious climb"