PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Jobs
Thread: Virgin Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2004, 09:31
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're in the wrong forum - this really should be in T&E. Though, for what it's worth, what you've heard is wrong! Search T&E (and a couple of topics in this forum - which will probably be moved) for more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit...

Ah - now it's in the right forum, perhaps I'll expand a little.

The interview at Virgin is not a 'gimme'. It is intended to examine your personality to see if the company (i.e. the pilots) feels you would fit in with Virgin's flight deck community, and to verify what you have told us via application forms or CV. Your references will be tested, as will your knowledge of all things aviation (though only to the depth required to establish that you're not an imposter!). You will also undergo a number of written examinations, including a psychological profiling paper, verbal reasoning etc.

I can't give you a figure on interview pass rates but, believe me, people most certainly do fail. It would be a shame to do so because of your preconceptions! The interview day should be a pleasant, rather than onerous, procedure. Don't spoil it by assuming you've passed just because you've walked in the door.

Last edited by scroggs; 28th Apr 2004 at 10:04.