PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do?
Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2004, 14:35
DanGLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

Having failed at round one for an ATCO position with NATS, im having real problems with what i should do with myself?

I'm 21, graduate with a BSc (no hons) on the 7th July and i stay in Glasgow. I have my own place here, about a 5 minute walk from EGPF and ideally i'd like to be based there, but i don't know what i want to do? Finding a job is one thing, but finding one in this area is pretty tough.

I don't mind the propsect of moving if it was going to be a real career for me; like i considered ATCO to be. I'm also considering applying to CTC McAlpine just to see what their opinion of me is?

I don't have any licences or any formal training in the aviation field, but i consider myself to be intelligent and a fast learner - esepcially with something i'm passionate about. I suppose i need to be on £13-14k+ just to survive (student debts / housing costs etc)

My question to you is - what do i want to do? i am willing to give anything a serious go, but my knowledge of jobs available within the industry is limited.