PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 21:20
BAW954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When using 23 for take off the 737 was rotating after a 25 second roll which is the runway crossover just after Echo. When it lands it stops before Echo (Echo is around 1/2 of the runway.. there abouts). The 757 uses 2/3 of the runway and stops at A1 before it has to backtrack to Echo via 05. They won't need to backtrack soon once the taxiway from the end of 23 (top of 05) is complete (work already started). So hopefully they'll get them off the runway quicker since it can get rather busy occasionally. They don't use up alot of the runway even on the hotter days.

They are rather quiet actually also, IMO the Emerald 360's are SO much louder than the 737/757 it's unbelievable! After takeoff from 23 it's an immediate left hand turn at 500ft to avoid passing over Baginton. And a immediate right hand when 05. 23 is always favoured though to prevent backtrack.

Even with a wet runway, they just kick up the spray and they rotate just after E1 (53%) of runway used. Having said that, when 05 is in use they go right to the end. Stop for a while, bring the engines up. Then put full power on, wait for 5 seconds or so, then release the brakes to gain that essential speed (understable). IMHO i'd rather a 737/757 than the Atlantique DC3's flying over.

And hey, it isn't as though the people of Baginton didn't notice the airport when they bought there house. Afterall, it's been there since 1935 or so. And jets going in and out for a long time.

I could see some BAe146's going in and out. They use hardly any of the runway. A flightline one that was going to Bordeaux was up before E1, it was probably empty though, or had few pax.

If the runway wasn't long enough, I don't think TUI would be using it. Since they know what they're doing afterall!

The only problem now is the council and their injunction. However, when it's appealed at the high court (if they're actually stopped) it will most likely be passed since it isn't affecting anyone. Just the locals have more to moan about. Afterall, they can't stop Thomson from flying out. Only building a terminal.

Adam!