PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying Renumeration?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 17:00
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hic. Still alive, barely, although that one might just finish me off. Life ain't that complicated really. The source of the money with which the airborne bog cleaner pays his club rental (the average club spamcan resembling a flying khazi in any event) is irrelevant. He is not being paid to fly. His income is in no way flying related, and he isn't charging his mates (glad to hear that bog cleaners have mates) more than the proper share. Where's the problem? Time for another drink.

As for my reference to "profit"; really, IO540, you could wrestle a lawyer to the ground in a pedantry contest. I simply mean that PPLs shouldn't think that they can earn doubloons, shekels, zloties, wonga, clams or coppers through flying around in puddle jumpers. I really can't figure out why people think any of this is important. A PPL is for having fun with whilst gaily spending vast amounts of cash. Or it's a stepping stone on the way towards qualifying to be paid to fly, but not a means of obtaining such payment.