PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying Renumeration?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 12:01
Ludwig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen, I wonder if I might ask a small related question, about when it is or isn’t legal, especially based on FL’s point about people who write their company name on the a/c getting valuable consideration by the publicity it generates

There are a growing number of aerobatic aircraft with sponsors names on them, either in little letters or massive letters. To the extent that these are flown by Professional licence holders that seems fine, but what about when they are flown by plain vanilla PPL’s who may own some or all of that aircraft. It would seem that even if all that is derived from the sponsor is say a free can of oil every 100 hours it is still valuable consideration, and would make it illegal? Presumably the same would apply to record attempts with loads of stickers on it?

One loop hole of which I have heard tell for PPL’s to be paid for display flying is to have someone else, e.g. girlfriend mother son etc, bill the display recipient for “organisation” and for the pilot to fly for free, often with something emblazed down the side. Is this OK