PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Shifty, Class E Airspace & TCAS
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 11:47
RTB RFN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leftfrontside I hope you haven't misunderstood me. I prevent collisions every day in preventing VFR frm hitting VFR in C and IFR from hitting VFR in E because the system is moving further and further from common sense and what pilots/passengers really want. I used to ask VFR if they want separation vs traffic when they are going to merge and got sick of them saying yes everytime - now I just separate. I used to ask IFR if they want traffic or separation from VFR proceeding into and going to pass in E. Now I just separate because they just kept saying separate me. I am tired of the continuous work arounds and shonky stuff to keep the system safe. I suspect that is what the yank controllers have developed into. The primary mitigator for a hazard is to engineer it out of a system and yet we keep removing the engineering solutions all for 50 cents a ticket. I have many colleagues who have lost faith in the integity of this system and those that admister and regulate it; where it is going and the increasing risk to Pilots, Passengers and ATC (the knife is just a front door away). Many are leaving the system for other jobs - how much is that costing the industry in lost talent and retraining? I'm off soon too. You are right - no matter what the regs say, no matter what the criticism - my job is to look after you.