PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Flying Renumeration?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 11:06
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Notwithstanding the aforementioned references to the worthies who draft the ANO, yes, the "Thou mayest not unless as provided for in sub-para blah or as excepted hereunder" BS really gets one's capricorn!

I wanted to write "To revalidate NPPL aeroplane ratings you may either (by proficiency check) or (by revalidation). To revalidate by experience, you must do the following in the 24 months before the expiry date: (etc))". Shall be interested to see how it finally appears in ANO-speak!

The nearest plain language explanations of licensing requirements are in LASORS - but even then there are references to JAA requirements which are not described. If they're going to quote JAA regs, then it's only fair to spell them out!

On the question of sending e-mails to girl pupils, be careful not to write what my brother once did on his e-memo system to his prospective new secretary: "I look forward to meeting you - my pen is poised!" Unfortunately he missed out the gap between 'pen' and 'is'!!!

Unfair, wrongful or constructive dismissal. That also had my head spinning in those law sessions of my Aero Eng degree in the early 1970s. Vaguely recall Donovan v Invicta Airways, I think it was?

Last edited by BEagle; 26th Apr 2004 at 11:18.