PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2004, 09:22
jb_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only just registered here, and am relativley new to the QF recruitment saga, as it seems to be a very long one for all those involved.

The situation as I seem to have peiced it together, is that some time ago (perhaps 18 months) QF had a recruitment drive. I am assuming this consisted of advertisements etc... and people applied, then were interviewed etc. Those successful were then put onto a "shortlist" and told they would be hired next.

That was 18 months ago... with not many communication. Now there are rumours (albeit verry good ones) that QF will be hiring mid year, in the 2004-2005 FY, and all you shortlisted candidates are hoping to be top of the list. (and of course, you probably should be)

Now I submitted an original application via StaffCV on Jan 2004, then after I got all the other bits of paper (like renewed my passport, and got my RSA) and after a job change, have resubmitted 2 times now.

I have not heard anything back whatsoever. However, after seeing these posts, I take it this is not an unusual thing.

My question is that is anybody else here not on the shortlist, but is in my position in limbo, ie submitted an application but no response yet. I am trying to work out if it is just me, or if there are others in my boat.

My preference is for Short Haul flying, but only from a family perspective... because I will gladly fly Long Haul! (In fact, my real preference is Long Haul, but its simply my family choice... but I have lived away before... )

I am from Perth, so based out of PER would be ideal. I oculd relocate if it were necessary...

JB

If anyone would like to contact me, you shoudl be able to email me...