PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 25th Apr 2004, 09:54
jolondon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few people have asked about the recruitment process for emirates, and I know when I was applying any info was useful so I thought I'd post what happened to me...

I didn't go to an Emirates open house, I applied online in December and I was invited to a preliminary interview about a month later at the beginningof February at Heathrow. I think there's quite alot on the forum about what happens at the prelim - There's about 35 of you at the beginning, you watch a video, do some group exercises and at various points through the day they tell people to go home. It is very nerve wracking. The people who got through the preliminary were all well groomed and very very smiley. Don't wear anything too eyecatching, go for a smart suit, nice shirt, make sure your hair is tied back if you're a girl. They look at little things like nails and shoes. In the group exercises be involved but don't take over and try to involve quieter people.
At the end of the prelim the people who are left are told that they are through to the final interview.
My final interview was about a month later in central london. They asked questions about working with the public, customer service, team work, living abroad. I also did a psychology test. I actually didn't think my final interview went at all well, and I'd convinced myself I hadn't got it. when I heard about a month later I nearly fell off my chair.
To everyone out there, all the best of luck. I interviewed for Gulf and Emirates and I realised that different airlines go for different types. For example, there were girls who I saw at the final interview for Emirates who were eliminated very early on in the Gulf recruitment process, and girls who were eliminated early at the preliminary interview day at Emirates who were offfered the job with Gulf. If you aren't successful with one, it doesn't mean that you can't do the job, but maybe that they are the wrong airline for you.
All the best!
j x