PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - loans for flying
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2004, 00:24
Archard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wbryce

I am sure a bank overdraft would be cheaper than a loan and these can be reduced or paid off at will. An overdraft is supposed to be for short term borrowing, which is what you are intimating, with the disadvantage being that the bank could call it in at a moments notice, usually when they have some concerns about the ability of the borrower to pay it off. Also, some form of security may be required.

Unlike an overdraft a loan will probably require regular monthly repayments with a view to all being repaid at the end of an agreed period. I believe the banks are not that interested in the use to which money from a loan or overdraft is to be put, as their main concern is in the ability of the borrow to make regular repayments in the case of a loan or to be able to reduce the overdraft steadily in the case of the latter. I am not sure how paying off a loan early would be likely to be viewed, as the regular monthly repayments include an element of interest which will have been calculated on the basis of the loan having been taken out for a fixed period, but I suppose this could be recalculated in the event of early repayment being envisaged.

I hope this might be of some help.

Paul A.