PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2004, 10:18
CWLSWS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomsonfly and Coventry

Hello

I think that TUI deciding to invest their time and patience into CVT should be welcomed by the local community and councils. Not many companies would put up with all this hastle and negative response to what must be a great asset to CVT in terms or employment, and for local businesses. CVT has gone from a runway which is home to old, noisy, polluting Electras, DC3s and DC6s to a new gateway to passenger travel on quite modern B737-500s. So what exactly are people complaining about. I know how noisy both the Electras and the B735s are so am able to compare and know which I would prefer to operate out of my local airport!

Already Excel have operated a charter out of there on again a very modern quiet 737-800 so there is obviously a market for this airport. I cant see what exactly people are complaining about. Ok the terminal is small but its only a temp building. I mean you can check in and board an aircraft with hardly any hassle like neighbouring BHX. Off the plane, collect bags and out of the arrivals hall in 15 mins!

I think local people should give Thomsonfly a break and support this development. If this isnt a success - will the NIMBYS regret it in a couple of years as the noisy Electras will still be there!!!