PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drink driving conviction
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2004, 00:12
robione

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres three types of C.R.B. Disclosures.
1.Enhanced. [ive just filled mine in i drive a cab]
2.Standard
3.Basic.

To gain an airside pass at most airports one needs only to gain a basic disclosure certificate, which, to my knowledge, is only available from disclosure Scotland,the CRB havent got round to doing them yet.
The basic is what it says, basic.Spent convictions regarding
THE REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT 1984 apply here,so any spent ones dont show on the disclosure.

The bottom line -Airside passes are not considered to be of a sensative nature.But driving a cab with a pax in to the airport is.Funny old world is,nt it.Appiontment to jobs where National secucrity may be at risk, doesnt apply to airside passes,what a laugh. That is the state of affairs as i type this now.Whether or not this changes is a different matter, but right now thats how it is.
Applicants who are asked at interviews or on forms whether they have criminal convictions can answer NO if the conviction is spent.Drink driving-The period of rehabilitation is usually the same as the ban one recieves,unless somebody knows better.So i think you will find its considered spent, and seings one only needs a basic disclosure from Scotland your sheet should be clean.
1st time drink driving is USUALLY 12 months ban
2nd 3 years.
Im no expert here,just a little bit of trawling around websites.Good luck to you