PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we need to be more restrictive than the USA?
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 23:45
OverRun
Prof. Airport Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, oh dear.

Has Dick Smith done it again?

from http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...5&pagenumber=5
I now feel that any statement by Dick Smith cannot be accepted by me until I have personally checked the references, quotes, 'facts' or statistics to see if any key sentences have been left out.
and on page 2 of this thread, Dick Smith has posted a big fancy graph. Looks pretty worrying – GA hours dropping like that. Well, before I worry too much more, let me personally check the statistics. After all, we wouldn't want any misleading information again, now would we?

Thanks PGH for giving me the reference. I went there just now. The data looks a bit different when it hasn't been plotted so carefully. The hours in private flying don't look so bad. Business flying is down, a bit, but charter flying is up. Maybe the businessmen have shifted from business to charter.

Overall? The full facts do look rather different to what Dick was saying. Still, this just goes to show that he has the ability to get people jumping through hoops. He certainly has done so in this thread. And this is the professional end of town. If he has us jumping around like this on a dodgy graph, which we of all people should be able to check, no wonder he can make mincemeat out of politicians.