PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention BA staff and shareholders
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 18:35
jerrystinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh what joy these postings bring! Everyone at BA seems to hate each other...........

As an ex- BA employee I feel I can truly look at the company from a different , more rounded perspective than most on here, especially when it comes to pay etc. I worked as longhaul CC at LHR for only 4 years and was on the pre-97 contract. To be brutally frank, which other company pays its employees thousands for doing what is a basically an unskilled job? None. BA was the perfect answer for me after finishing Uni and I owe the company a lot for providing me with a very sound financial basis on which to build ...and all for throwing out chicken and beef meals 3 or 4 times a month! I left BA in 1999 and look back at the 'easy money' with a little smirk - the trip allowances on top of my basic meant generally about £2,500 - £3,000 a month after tax.
A few BA engineers and managers (admin staff!) on here seem to genuinely hate BA CC and maybe they have every reason to, but who are the real silly ones? A 6 week training course compared to an engineer's/manager's X years of training and yet I earnt more than most......hhmmmm...... Maybe I did only serve chicken or beef, but who's got the bigger house (+1 in France!) and car??