PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The PFA
Thread: The PFA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 10:48
Timbo Goodwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Responses

Nigel, great reply - couldn't agree more.

To those that ask for identities of individuals on BBS - don't, it is very risk prone if accompanied by criticism, and you only have to look at PFA web, or a magazine to find out. I only looked at this BBS having been told of postings which identifed ME as ex webmaster, and implied criicism. Like any one I will defend myself if someone causes me so to do. I am saddened that Penny (a good lass) ended up carrying the can - doesn't fit with my info - ce la vi.

I worked with Nigel on EC and although we agreed to disagree on a very small number of issues, I have a huge respect for him - he is a good guy and definately his own person - as am I. In-fact he took over the year of work I had done on the engineering review. Although he had a real struggle and eventually had to drop the task, he has managed to impliment some of the conclusions of that review and my hat goes off to him. In part Nigel managed to get a few steps further because he enjoys the support of the current chairman. Sadly I did not (different chairman) even doing the same task, so I therefore personally have little time for the man concerned. I was simply doing the job EC requested at the time. Either way, that is all part of bringing the PFA up to scratch with respect to the century we are now in - its a thankless task and very difficult, the constitution does us no favours, again hard to work with, hard to change. Having battled hard to do it I respect anyone that tries, and particularly anyone that gets further than I did.

Girl Flyday:
Just to confirm yr line 'will they have me'. THat is not an EC choice, it is a members choice. And, whether we like it or not if someone puts themselves forward for EC whilst there are spare places, they cannot fail to get in unless they have a specific record of activity that might cause the association a problem(bring into disrepute etc). I guess a severe police record, drugs etc, maybe flying orientated prosecutions etc, even then you would probably be OK!!!

Go on do it, if you call me via email and we chat i'll gladly second or propose you if you fancy the challenge. New faces would be good, but it is VERY hard work, and you will get no thanks!!!

ALl the best,

Timbo