PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 07:46
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OW Training Week

Thank you Airbedane for the best weeks flying ever.

Imagine if you will guys the image of two Maggies wheeling around chasing each others tails - dogfighting in another name but serious training nevetheless.

Staying on the tail of another aircraft and maintaining separation during, shall we say 'spirited' manouvering (you sure have the measure of the Maggie AB!), is a fantastic way in which to sharpen your stick and rudder skills. You cant help but imagine what it was like when the guy behind you have guns and wanted to kill you - the adrenalin pumps enough when you are doing it for fun!

A pleasure indeed to watch my aircraft being displayed by the professionals - delighted to be invited to do it myself.

04 promises to be a wonderful season at Old Warden - the new development there is just great, the catering has improved beyond all recognition.

I reckon we'll bust all previous attendance records this year.

On the acquisition front....a seriously good chance of my acquiring a third vintage aircraft in 05 (maybe sooner if something I really fancy crops up) - maybe a Storch if I can find one but maybe another Miles type if something that really blows my frock up is offered.

A collection of several Miles types would be fantastic and also a nice legacy to pass on (beats the park bench any day!) - the dream may just become a reality......

Looking forward to the Indoor Models at Nottingham Uni Sports Hall on Sunday. These creations have to be seen to be believed.

Rumour has it that we are going to see a small electric powered Messerschmitt Gigant - all 6 motors powered and also timed.

The intention is to put it down, walk away, it then starts up all by itself, takes off, shuts down and lands - all free flight!

This event is a must - a 'cheap as chips' day out.

B there or B square.

HP