PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME rating prior to CPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 05:46
Pilot steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank yo all, for your excellent replies.

I have made the decission to stick with singles for now, mainly due to cash problems, and possibly do the multi rateing towards the end of CPL, money permitting.

For now i am going to jump into a Bonanza to get a bit of expeirience in a bigger faster single, with the benifit of 6 seats.

My 18th is in January and at the end of this year i will be moving to Perth to complete my CPL. From there i will be looking for my first break, ideally in charter. I am willing to move anywhere in oz and my commitment and proessionalism to flying is second to none.

Just a couple more questions for all of you,

1) How did most of you go about researching charter companies and getting your first break? any tips or your expeirences would be great to hear. What was your first A/C type

2) Do any of you know of any names of charter companies who hire pilots with bare CPL and say 200 hrs TT, feel free to PM me any names.

3) due to most companies only hiring people with 500 TT do many people use instructing to build those first 500 hrs? is this adviseable?

4) Where's the best to start looking for my first charter job? Kallgoorie? Darwin?

5) how many hours per week flying time can be expected for a first charter job or juniour G3 instructor?

I cant say how much i appreciate all of the time taken to reply to my query,

Happy flying,
Pilot steve