PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The PFA
Thread: The PFA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 10:39
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E2G writes,

"They give the impression of being an arrogant, aloof, old-boys network - and the only way anyone can join the ranks of the EC is by invitation. Hardly democratic!"

if that is the impression, then I am afraid to say it is not an accurate facsimile, EC membership is open to all members, all you need is to be proposed (and seconded?)

I read very closely the words of Timbo G. Tim and I were EC members at the same time, I resigned a year before TG as I was pretty unhappy about the way things were going. TG and I discussed resigning as soon as KC's suspension became evident. Notwithstanding the rights and wrongs of this episode, the very way that it was done sucked. Resigning in protest seemed to be the right thing to do until we realised that the "baddies" on the EC would certainly outnumber and out gun those with a more pragmatic approach to dragging the Association into the 21st century and preparing the association for the modern litigous world.

I was not going to post any more on this thread as it seemed pretty futile. I last posted when the page count was in low single digits.

The catalyst that caused this latest missive was Penny Sharpe's ritual falling on sword.

However, like others, I wonder whether she fell or were more sinister forces queuing up to push her? Knowing Penny as I do, I suspect the latter and could hazard a guess at the architect of the act!

Stik