PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we need to be more restrictive than the USA?
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 06:51
Dick Smith

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Binoculars, you state that I am permanently set on transmit and the receiver is switched off in the same way that Keith Williams, Kerry Packer and Gerry Harvey. I can’t speak for those three, but you are making out that I have greater abilities that I have.

All of my success has come from constantly asking advice and then choosing which is the correct advice. Yes, I do agree that by making that decision I quite often offend people who have given me advice that I don’t accept, however I rarely do anything that is original. Virtually in all cases I follow something which has been proven successful and which people with far greater knowledge and ability have advised me to do.

It is the same with the airspace. I originally started to bring in the North American airspace system in 1991. It was all to be completed, if I remember correctly, by about June of 1994. It has been the people with at attitude of “it wasn’t built here” that have tried to stop a better system from being introduced here.

By the way, Four Seven Eleven, if you really believe in what you say you would phone me. You spend an enormous amount of time on this matter but you are too scared to say who you are. How can you possibly have any credibility? I simply don’t believe that you could be in such a lowly position that you will be prejudiced if you actually admit to who you are and not hide behind anonymity. Surely it must really worry you, as most people would take absolutely no notice of someone who is anonymous. It looks as if you have virtually no influence because of this anonymity. The reason I have influence is because I am completely open with my beliefs and prepared to talk to anyone in relation to these beliefs.

It is simply completely beyond me why you can’t be open, and using rational argument and good leadership, get your beliefs accepted.

I can see why you get so angry. My suggestion is that you put your real name on your postings, get some credibility and you might have some influence.