PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia Airways - Sponsorship Scheme 2004
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 02:17
tiram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot pete

From what i've heard sponsored students get less than self funded students, is this not the case? Also barring britannia sponsorships, the only other sponsorships is can see are quite expensive, ie fly be asking for a £35,000 student contribution, which is quite steep. Out of interest does anyone know who pays if a sponsered student needs extra hours than the minimum? I presume it'd be the airline but....??????

Also what i was suggesting is that due to the recent down turn in airlines i had heard that there was also a downturn in self funded pilots, ergo if the same amount of retirements as in the past happened more jobs at some peg in the flying career ladder would open up

Finally the reason why i posted that was to try and give myself a reason as to why i've taken out a hellishly big loan to continue my flight training without promise of a job at the end of it Realisticly i'll be hoping to get 300 hours instructing, hopefully some on twin, ie 500 odd total, 100-200 multi, before seriously looking for a job. I don't think that would be too ambitious, would it?
cheers