PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cenralised Load Control (CLC) at Servisair Regional Stations
Old 21st Apr 2004, 19:00
IceHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimbols6

Opsmaster is correct in saying that this project is going ahead, if your in any doubt contact the guys at manch, its due to start in about 3 weeks time and I think job advertisments are being advertised through the servisair/globeground network this week for CLC loadcontrollers.
As opsmaster said before, its a cost saving exercise and it would mean that no loadcontrol qualified staff would be required at the smaller stations LBA, MME,CWL etc so saving money in the long term, I suspect eventually that the company intends to abolish the role of dispatcher and have Pax handling staff run the turnaround and simply bring pax and loadsheet to aircraft when requiured. I think the company also believes that it will improve service to some airlines when they operate A/C to the smaller stations and loadsheets are sent from CLC at MAN with no need for manual loadsheets to be completed for airlines such as BY, FCA, MYT etc