PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cenralised Load Control (CLC) at Servisair Regional Stations
Old 21st Apr 2004, 14:54
nibor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that there is 1 small bit of information that the 'Big Bosses' are missing.
At regional stations there is far less time spent by loadcontrol staff on loadplanning and loadsheets than there is on the rest of the admin work.
How many regional stations have more than 1 loadcontroller on shift at a time? I doubt there are many. So where will the saving come from? Regardless of who actually does the loadcontrol function there still has to be someone to answer the phone.

The main reason that i dislike the idea is on the ground of safety.
At the moment if there is any confusion over loading then anyone can ring loadcontrol for verification.
How many loaders or dispatchers have access to an outside landline??? How are they going to resolve the problem???
Quite simply they won't, they probably will just hope that it works out fine.
I forsee several miss-loads and probably some lost contracts in the future.

ICEHOUSE

If the gate dispatcher has the equipment and time to telex CLC with all the load and fuel details then why bother, it would be far quicker and less time consuming (therefore cheaper) for them to close the flight and produce a loadsheet themselves.