PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia Airways - Sponsorship Scheme 2004
Old 21st Apr 2004, 14:43
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aptitude

I'd echo the sentiments of an earlier post, brush up on long division (I haven't done it since primary school - bloody calculators) but if you can't do simple addition, multiplication and subtraction you shouldn't be allowed within 50 miles of Luton.

Everything else was impossible to study for, no hand-eye or number recall as with RAF selection and some other schools. I found it tougher, all a bit ambigious and arsey to say the least.

As for the PPL rant yes, I found it hard to understand at first, I only have a cheeky couple of hours familiarisation under my belt but what I can gleen from conversations I've had, airlines prefer to get 'em young and teach students their way without any bad habits such as one handed flying and other little foiables (is that how you spell it?). It might cost them more in time, training costs and being sure of candidates ability to fly/stick to the course but it appears they are willing to pursue this.

Only similarity I can find is that I studied architecture at university but was advised by the couse officer not to touch technical drawing at school . You figure.