PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call for a Regulator to look into Training Providers and Sponsorship schemes
Old 21st Apr 2004, 08:47
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. That post is too long to read in full right now - I'll try to read it properly when I get a chance.

I did skim-read it, though, and one particular paragraph caught my eye:
However, from what I've seen, I think a lot of people are being taken for mugs. There are thousands of trained people out there, but places on training schemes are being given to completely novice applicants. How come?
The reason is because people are willing to pay for this training. It is not the job of the schools to decide whether there is a market for pilots or not. It is their job to sell their product to as many people as they can. Just the same as Tescos sell produce to as many people as they can, or Next sell clothes to as many people as they can, whether they need it or not.

If I go to Next and buy an expensive jumper I don't need (or, more likely, my girlfriend goes to Next and buys and expensive jumper she doesn't need), we can not blame Next for wasting our money, we can only blame ourselves.

FFF
---------------