PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2004, 08:41
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantastic,

I've just gone thru my emails (since this whole application began) and since I applied, the process has taken 17 months approx.

From the moment I was advised I was on the shortlist (4th Feb 2003), it is 14 months (with the interview, medical, etc. spanning an additional 3 months).

As far as being an internal staff member, what does that include? Does it include those strictly employed within Qantas, or more broadly speaking, those who work for subsidiaries as well (eg. Eastern, etc)? Not that it worries me, but as I work for a subsidiary, I'd be curious as to how far the internal aspect (from HR's point of view) extends, given that subsidiary staff earn profit shares, staff travel benefits, etc. just like mainline staff (and that includes ground staff, etc).

All the other people that I work with at the Pulse have been extended (to my knowledge), and all are of the same 'vintage' as me on the shortlist.

I'm really surprised, even now, that QF culled the list further. There doesn't seem to be any real method applied in who stays and who goes - but then again, has there ever been a clear, black and white method?