PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NorthEast (L1011) MIA shysters-update
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2004, 02:48
Blacksheep214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is really a shame the way people use pprune to cry the blues and whine about their misfortunes. This forum should be used to convey useful info between us pilots...

Although I do appreciate being alerted to scams or other such disreputable airlines that may try to take advantage of us.

I personally know several crew members involved in Northeast's B747 Ops this year and can tell you that each crew member was paid two weeks in advance, their per diem upfront and RT ticket. They all received their monthly guarntees for the duration of their contract and all returned home without incident. Those same crew members informed me that the Chief Flight Attendent went home sick from the Middle East prior to the commencement of operations and as far as they know she was paid in full .

I had the opportunity to work for Northeast this year but shyed away after reading previous threads about the L-1011 crews. When I inquired about a position with Northeast and its 747 Ops I immediately voiced my concern as all of us would concerning pay and work conditions. I was told about the pay rates ,per diem,hotel accomdations, training, and travel. All of my questions were answered thoroughly, however I still decided not to go. But now I regret my decision after sitting at home shoveling snow making as some would say "chump change" while others took the position that was offered to me.

Northeast informed me that they were trying to make payment arrangements with last years L-1011 crews and due to financial restrictions they had not yet satisfied those debts.

Before you post make sure you get your facts straight because rumour and untruth's have a major effect on all of us and the decisions that we make after reading them. Case in point- I decided not to accept a position wholly based on this forum on Northeast and my empty pockets and sore back make me regret this every day.